Privacy and Terms & Conditions
Privacy – SiS Training & Consulting collects and stores information from this form to:
- manage the business of SiS Training & Consulting (including internal reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners)
- comply with the requirements of the Education and Training Act 2020 and other legislation[] relating to maintenance of records
- supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise the disclosure of your personal information on the understanding that SiS Training & Consulting will comply with the legal requirements in relation to the use and disclosure of personal information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993 (shortly to be replaced by the Privacy Act 2020), the Education and Training Act 2020 and other relevant legislation. You are entitled to see any information that SiS Training & Consulting holds about you and request to correct any errors in that information. To do so, contact the Enrolments Officer.
NB: The Privacy Act came into force on 1 July 1993 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of individuals. The Privacy Act requires SiS Training & Consulting to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act. http://legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1993/0028/latest/DLM296639.html?src=qs. From 1 December 2020, the Privacy Act 1993 will be replaced by the Privacy Act 2020, which contains the same privacy principles and governs the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information.
Supply of information to government agencies and other organisations
SiS supplies data collected on this form to government agencies, including:
- the Ministry of Education
- Education New Zealand
- the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- the Tertiary Education Commission
- the Ministry of Social Development (in relation to student loans and allowances) and Inland Revenue (student loans)
- Immigration New Zealand (for those who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents) and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- agencies which support particular students through scholarships, payment of fees or other awards (if you are a recipient of one of these awards).
Those agencies use the data collected from SiS Training & Consulting to:
- administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding and the administration of the Fees-Free and Fees-Free Trades Training initiatives
- develop policy advice for government
- conduct statistical analysis and research.
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register.
The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes.
In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 (and after 1 December 2020, the Privacy Act 2020).
When required by law, SiS Training & Consulting releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
SiS Training & Consulting also grant Sebdata Consultants monitored access to their Student Management System including student details in order to assist with government compliance reporting.
Fees – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to pay all fees as they become due, and to meet any late fees and collection charges associated with debt recovery. SiS Training & Consulting policy on withdrawal and refund of fees may be obtained from the Enrolments Officer and is summarised below:
- If you withdraw up until the end of the eighth day, you will receive a full refund of less administration costs of 10% of your tuition fee. If you withdraw after the eight day there will be no refund of fees.
- Fees paid will be refunded in full should the programme fail to start for any reason.
- If an enrolment is terminated as a result of disciplinary action there will be no refund of fees.
- In the unlikely event that a programme has to be cancelled after commencement, the portion of fees that are unused will be refunded.
- Any fees refunded will be paid to the source from which the funds originally came.
All course fees are held in Public Trust and can only be refunded on completion of a Public Trust refund and course withdrawal form that has to be signed by the student and the administrator
Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) – In signing this enrolment form you acknowledge that you have been informed of (and understand) the requirements and costs associated with the Skipper Restricted Limits registration process as administrated by MNZ.
Rules – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to comply with the published rules and policies of SiS with regard to attendance, academic integrity and progress, conduct and use of information systems.
 This includes legislation governing the maintenance of official records and for accountability for public funding.
Since 2019 we have delivered SMS and aviation safety programmes to hundreds of managers and employees in the aviation industry. Our aviation Safety Management Systems (SMS) courses are available via zoom classroom, and may be available face-to-face later in 2022.
... [ more ]
This is the highest ranking that can be given by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) in their External Evaluation Reviews (EER).
... [ more ]
Feeling like some inspiration from aviation businesses that are using SMS to best effect? Take a look at “Real people, real stories” for examples of SMS in action from the aviation community.
... [ more ]
Investment in staff training will improve your productivity and the quality of your seafood, from the ocean to the plate.
... [ more ]
The next round of SMS Implementation Plans are to be lodged to the CAA by 30 July 2018. Details are on the CAA website. Check out our aviation pages to find out how SiS can help aviation companies with their SMS Implementation Plans and SMS Training.
... [ more ]