Privacy – SiS Training & Consulting Ltd collects and stores information from this form to:
- manage the business of SiS Training & Consulting Ltd (including internal reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners)
- comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989 and other legislation relating to maintenance of records
- supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below.
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that SiS Training & Consulting Ltd will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 1993, the Education Act 1989 and other relevant legislation. You may see any information held about you and amend any errors in that information. To do so, contact the Enrolments Officer.
NB: The Privacy Act came into force on 1 July 1993 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of natural persons. It requires SiS Training & Consulting Ltd to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act. http://www.privacy.org.nz/privacy-act
Supply of information to government agencies and other organisations
SiS Training & Consulting Ltd supplies data collected on this form to government agencies, including:
- the Ministry of Education
- the Education New Zealand
- the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- the Tertiary Education Commission
- the Ministry of Social Development (in relation to student loans and allowances) and Inland Revenue (student loans)
- Immigration New Zealand and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (for those who are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents)
- agencies which support particular students through scholarships, payment of fees or other awards (if you are a recipient of one of these awards).
Those agencies use the data collected from tertiary education organisations to:
- administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding
- develop policy advice for government
- conduct statistical analysis and research.
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register.
The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes.
In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
When required by law, SiS Training & Consulting Ltd releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
Fees – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to pay all fees as they become due, and to meet any late fees and collection charges associated with debt recovery. SiS Training & Consulting Ltd’s policy on withdrawal and refund of fees may be obtained from the Enrolments Officer.
Rules – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to comply with the published rules and policies of SiS Training & Consulting Ltd with regard to attendance, academic integrity and progress, conduct and use of information systems.
 This includes legislation governing the maintenance of official records and for accountability for public funding.
This is the highest ranking that can be given by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) in their External Evaluation Reviews (EER) and puts SiS Training & Consulting in the top 10%
... [ more ]
We are taking registrations for the Skipper Restricted Limits (SRL) Course. The newest and most practical skipper training course in New Zealand.
... [ more ]
In 2019 SiS has delivered SMS and aviation safety programmes to hundreds of managers and employees in the aviation industry. Our suite of aviation Safety Management Systems (SMS) programmes will also be available in 2021 throughout New Zealand. See our schedule here.
... [ more ]
Feeling like some inspiration from aviation businesses that are using SMS to best effect? Take a look at “Real people, real stories” for examples of SMS in action from the aviation community.
... [ more ]
Investment in staff training will improve your productivity and the quality of your seafood, from the ocean to the plate.
... [ more ]